Thursday, January 17, 2008

a night out...and other fun stuff!

There is a new guy in town and his name is Dan. He took Julie’s place and so far, so good. He is super chill, has developed a nice rapport with the kids and is into doing fun things. We all went to Comayagua the other night for a night out. Oscar and his friend Sergio met up with us to take us to all the right places in town. We had some drinks, sang some Karaoke, and danced the night away. It was great fun! The pictures tell it best. The next morning, Sergio and Oscar took us up to the bell tower of the Cathedral. They know the gate keepers and borrowed the keys. We could see the entire Comayagua valley and all the rooftops. Every 15 minutes the bells rang and gave us a scare. We also got to see the insides of the oldest clock in Central America. I like seeing the way things work.

Yesterday when we came back from Comayagua I was laying in my bed resting a bit before we had to meet up with the teachers from Siguatepeque Bilingual. Quinton was sitting on my bed and my bedroom door was open. My door goes right outside to the yard. Earlier, Georgette, the chicken that lives next door, came over to our yard to peck away. Well while I was peacefully relaxing in my bed, Georgette thought it would be fun to come into my room. I tried to get her to go back outside for fear of chicken shit on my floor, but instead of leaving, she JUMPED ONTO MY BED WITH ME!!!!!!! There was a real life chicken on my bed! If that wasn’t awkward enough she nestled into the covers and made herself comfortable. Quinton was laughing to hard to help me out (I was under the covers hoping Georgette didn’t poop on my bed, or peck my eyeballs out) but Olivia heard my cries and came to the rescue. She picked up Georgette and put her back outside. It was a fairly unforgettable moment.

I played hookey from school the other day and went with Quinton and Luigi to Tegucigalpa. Quinton’s luggage was lost so he had to pick it up and I wanted to go along for the ride. Luigi told me all sorts of cool stuff about Honduras and Teguc and it was fun just driving around the city. We went to the mall, which was just like any mall in the states. We had Subway for lunch, and we did get Quinton’s bags back. The trip was successful and totally worth the guilt I felt for not going to school.

Nothing more to report. Exams are this week…Just more of the same old same old. I am still thinkin’ about all y’all out there!

xoxoxoox

1 comment:

MaxMcKinley said...

oh my god! i can't believe you had a chicken on your bed, and that you SURVIVED!
we went to the zoo this weekend w/eli and erin and I was, by no means, enjoying the bird-life that was everywhere...
Michael asked what I would do if one came at me and I said that I was confident that I'd go into shock immediately so I wouldnt know/remember anything that happened after the initial encounter....
good thing they didnt have to revive you, but sad that you have that chicken memory pecking away! yikes!
love and miss you!
cas